Shivakantjha.org - General Letter to Our Countrymen
GENERAL LETTER TO OUR COUNTRYMEN
I have begun a series ‘In a Nutshell’ on my website www.shivakantjha.org. These short articles will be with reference to the present-day economic, political and legal issues of wide public interest. Already 5 such articles are on my website. The subjects yet touched are the following:
1. Govt within its rights to make retrospective law published in the Hindustn Times.
2. The reach of the retrospective law in the Vodafone situation: my concise reflections.
3. The nature of the retrospective changes proposed in the Finance Bill, 2012: they say what is obvious.
4. No estoppels against the Constitution: I cannot believe that our P.M. can ever be guilty of constitutional solecism?
5. The prophets of doom and gloom, & their double standards
The foreign experts’ words sans wisdom.
I intend to write as many such articles as I can on regular basis, and these would be numbered, and shall bear the date of publication.
You are requested to consider what I write. You feel free to quote from my articles if you feel anything worth quoting or referring. I authorise our public authorities of our country even to copy them, or to re-publish them for the promotion of public cause. My efforts are wholly pro bono publico. I have no personal, professional, or political interests, proximate or remote, to promote.
I would request every reader to send his comments on my e-mail so that I can keep even myself under critical scrutiny.
Shiva Kant Jha